HIMSS Michigan is a volunteer organization whose primary goal is to develop healthcare-IT centric educational programs. All event planning is done by HIMSS Michigan members who volunteer their time to bring quality healthcare -IT educational programs to Michigan.
Our objectives are:
- To promote knowledge of computerized management information systems in the healthcare industry by their users and developers;
- To provide a forum for the sharing of ideas and techniques in the formulation of computerized information systems;
- To promote the use of computers in the processing of information by healthcare providers through education;
- To keep developers and users of computerized information systems current about the changing information requirements in the healthcare industry;
- To provide continuing education in the changing technology of computer systems; and,
- To cooperate with healthcare organizations, agencies and other interest groups in matters pertaining to healthcare information systems management.
MI-HIMSS is a member of HIMSS
The Board of Directors is made up of Officers, Committee Chairs, and Members at Large which have voting rights.
To learn more about getting involved in the Michigan Chapter, contact us.