HIMSS Michigan Chapter Academic Organizational Affiliate Program
Academic OA Overview
Designed specifically for colleges and universities with healthcare/IT programs, the Academic Organizational Affiliate Program offer resources for students, faculty, and the organization. As an academic organization, you want your students to have every advantage as they prepare to graduate and enter the work force. The HIMSS Academic OA program offers them that advantage, and also gives your faculty and your school a suite of valuable benefits.
- Please contact the OA sales team at OASales@himss.org to determine your organization's optimal level.
- For questions about your current OA program, please send an email to OA@himss.org.
We encourage all students to take full advantage of the benefits of this membership.
Scholarships & Internships
- HIMSS Michigan Chapter
- Annual scholarship primarily focused on level of engagement activities with the HIMSS Michigan Chapter or other healthcare related affiliates
- The HIMSS Foundation awards scholarships annually to HIMSS student members who have achieved academic excellence and demonstrate the potential to be future leaders in health information and technology. For more information contact email@example.com.
- HIMSS Michigan Chapter
- HIMSS Michigan Chapter internship opportunities with Board of Directors or other healthcare related affiliates
Other Academic Opportunities
Set your academic organization apart from the crowd and apply to become a HIMSS Approved Education Partner (AEP). Showcasing the AEP seal of approval provides an exclusive advantage for your educational program and increases credibility when viewed by potential students. Discounts are available for Academic OAs.
Michigan Approved Education Partners
Prepare to make a difference in health care without direct patient care responsibilities. Our 100% online health information management program combines information technology (IT), business, problem-solving and management skills to give you a powerful way to make a positive impact as a health care administrator in health information. Davenport's College of Health Professions offers a range of health information degrees and certifications that provide you with the professionally required knowledge and skills you need to rise above the rest in today’s job market. With a degree in health information, you'll support patient safety and privacy as well as the confidentiality and security of health information.
Academic OA Links & Resources
- Academic OA program benefits
- OA FAQs
- Academic OA student membership sign-up link
- Academic OA student member sign-up instructions
- Global Health Equity Week